31/03/2015

March 2015

I wish I could start this blog off on a positive note, I really do - but I'm not gonna sugarcoat anything.
All the anxiety of February has still been there, and it's caused things to come to head with my work placement - over the last few weeks I've felt invisible except when I'm needed to do something, and one of my managers in the shop was really making me feel that way more than others, which resulted in me being stressed almost every day I was in the shop. I ended up telling her that I had a problem with her attitude, and she seemed very surprised by that. We did clear the air though and sorted those differences - except we didn't, because just right at the end of this month, with two weeks left to go on the placement, they gave me (and my sister, who hadn't done anything wrong) the sack, apparently because of my stress issues, however I found out that the assistant manager had gone behind my back and as good as reported me for speaking my mind. Well you know what, I was getting sick of being there anyway, so as far as I'm concerned they can take that job and shove it - I've already said my feelings on this whole "community work placement" BS, it's designed to help everyone but us employed "losers", and I'm sick to death of being under the thumb of these piece of crap schemes. I just pray for the day that I don't have to deal with that anymore.
This is why I've been very moody lately, and I feel like I've alienated my online friends with the way I've been. I don't mean to be that way, but at the end of the day I can't just simply turn off the way I'm feeling - but I'm sorry if I have hurt anyone in any way because of this.
The process of applying for my move to the US has hit a delay, which hasn't helped things, and I know it's not how either me or Nicole wanted things to turn out, and I think that the wait is starting to get to us both, to be honest - but what happens will happen, and we both have to keep on with this, knowing that the wait will be worth it in the end.

All in all, I'm just trying to keep on going, because that's all I can do - it's all anyone can do when they're not 100%.

This month hasn't been without its good moments though - today marks the 10th anniversary of the day I stumbled upon a little website called DeviantArt, and made the decision to join up and show my cartoon creations to the world, and it's safe to say that a lot has happened since then. If I hadn't joined, I might never have met so many of the people on DA that I now call my friends, and I might never have gotten to to certain things that I've done in the last 10 years - in other words, artwork wasn't the only thing joining DA helped me with.

I'll leave you with a group shot of my creations that I made to mark the occasion - here's to another decade of deviousness, and here's to keeping calm and carrying on as best as possible,

No comments:

Post a Comment