31/10/2013

Autumn's here, and the paintballs are flying

Well, if it didn't feel autumnal last month, it certainly has done this month - the leaves are falling, the temperatures are dropping, and the clocks have gone back - not forgetting Halloween, of course.

I'll be honest, I haven't really got a great deal to say about this month, as it's more or less been business as usual for the most part, to the point where some days have just felt dull and grey, and not just because of the weather - the only break from the old routine was a recent paintball session with my brother and a couple of friends, which was only the second time I'd ever been paintballing (the first time was 9 years ago as part of a Business Studies course at school). There were just six of us playing to begin with, but we ended up getting joined by a group from a stag party, who were a little bit hungover, one of them was suffering from whiplash from being in a car crash the day before, and the stag himself couldn't play as he'd had way too much the night before, so quite a bunch there!
Anyhow, it was all a good experience, even though I soon found out how much I really, really suck at paintballing, and those paintballs didn't half sting! It's the taking part that matters though, and the whole day out was much needed.

The paintballing wasn't the only thing that happened that day - I also had a first, attending a wedding via Skype - one of Nicole's friends was getting married, and she wanted me and my brother to be there. Obviously we couldn't be there in person because of the small matter of thousands of miles of ocean separating us, but we made the best of it, and the wedding was absolutely fine.

And that's pretty much it for October - if you're celebrating Halloween, with costumes or without, hope you have a blast.

I'll leave you with some Halloween artwork - Bob & Flyer looking a bit more ghostly than normal.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment