30/04/2013

Spring at last

Well, it took a while to get here, but Spring has finally arrived, the weather's gotten that little bit warmer, and it's generally feeling a lot less Winter-like. Even the annoying April showers are a welcome relief compared to the endless deluge of snow in February and March.

Things on the jobsearch front aren't warmer though, in fact they're the same as always. I'll do what I keep doing though, and keep looking.
I can't seem to go through a month without some sort of problem with the house - this time some heavy winds decided it would be fun to try and rip the faring off the top of my bay window, half of it came undone - however as I type this it's being fixed.
On a much more sombre note, I'm sure most people will have heard about the events that took place at the Boston Marathon. I just can't begin to fathom what could've driven two people to try and inflict death and destruction on others. It's events like this that really make me wonder what this world's coming to.

Onto a brighter note now. My fears about all things finance-wise beyond this month proved to be unfounded. I'll just say that some things didn't go up by as much as I thought they would. Of course, this time next year that might be a different story, but that's a bridge to cross when the time comes.
There was a very significant date for me this month, April 23, for two reasons - it was my lovely Nicole's 25th birthday, and it also marked 2 months until I fly back to the US for 6 weeks to see her. It's getting closer, and it's now more or less at the point where I can say it's weeks away rather than months. I just can't wait for it.

As always, to finish off, some artwork:
 My entry for FAC-AgentC's "Wacky Races Revisited", Bob & Flyer with their Dune Bug.

  
That's that for April. Hope you all had a good Easter.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment