30/09/2018

September 2018

I can't really say too much about September that wasn't already said in August, apart from the weather gradually starting to get cooler, not to mention a lot wetter too. Here in Connecticut, we got the remnants of what was Hurricane Florence, and to say that we got lucky is an understatement. Wishing all the best for those in North and South Carolina, and the Bahamas, that were affected by the storm.
Still no luck with the job search, I'm afraid. Work is work, as always - and this month marked a year since I started my job, and having a permanent job has been quite the adjustment in a lot of ways. I've certainly had to change quite a lot of my habits, that's for sure. However I think the biggest change to come out of this job is becoming confident enough to be able to stand behind a counter and interact with people, I certainly never thought I would ever be able to pull that off, and I still don't think I'm perfect at it, but it's safe to say that I surprised myself there.
This month wasn't all about work though, and in my opinion no month should be. Or year, even. How about your entire life? You have to be able to play too, otherwise what's it all for?
September 28 marked 6 years of me and my lovely wife as a couple, and every year it's always strange yet humbling to look back on all that we did in the years past, especially all the hoops we had to jump through to get to this point in time. We celebrated it with a trip to Bridgeport, mainly to visit the many animals at Beardsley Zoo, but also for a walk down the beach at Seaside Park. (I recommend it for the view of Long Island Sound.)
While we're on the them of anniversaries, I also want to give a very special birthday shoutout to my dear grandma, she turned 80 on September 25, and I am happy to say that she is still going strong. (Love you and miss you very, very much.)
On the artwork front, I've completed a couple more Fyfe & Sparkplug comic pages, as well as some of my regular short comics. I'm still having trouble getting back to working on my website, so I really need to get cracking on that one.
I'll leave you with an example of one of my scenery pictures - doesn't looking at this waterfall make you want to dive in for a dip? See you at the end of spooky season.

No comments:

Post a Comment