LoNot really sure how to begin talking about this month. I really wanted to say that 2018 got off to a great start, but for me personally, this past month has been canny rough to say the least.
Me and my wife had some upsetting news regarding one of our pets. If I haven't mentioned before, we have three pets - a turtle named Chief, and two ferrets named Apollo and Luna. Early on in January, Luna had some trouble with her walking, which turned out to have been caused by a back injury. She is doing better now thanks to medication, but around the same time she got sick, Apollo also became very ill. We got him checked out at the vet, and they found that he had a mass on his spleen, which was then found to be cancerous. Both me and my wife were understandably shocked by this, and since then we have been trying to keep Apollo as comfortable as possible, feeding him liquid foods and giving him medication.
It has been really difficult adjusting to this news. When I first moved to the US, I never thought I would be able to look after any type of animal, let alone ferrets, but in the time I have known them I have gotten used to looking after Apollo and Luna, and I have grown to love them. To see Apollo looking weak and almost lifeless has been horrible, and even more so for my wife, who loves both ferrets as if they were our kids.
This situation was just one of a few reasons why this month, in all honesty, I haven't been myself. A lot of things had been brewing up for some time, and I was generally feeling overwhelmed. There was one day where I just felt like giving up on everything, I ended up doing something very stupid, and my thoughts travelled to a really dark place. It was a moment of madness, but my wife helped me pull out of the nosedive. I just need to get better at speaking up instead of bottling everything up.
Me and my wife had some upsetting news regarding one of our pets. If I haven't mentioned before, we have three pets - a turtle named Chief, and two ferrets named Apollo and Luna. Early on in January, Luna had some trouble with her walking, which turned out to have been caused by a back injury. She is doing better now thanks to medication, but around the same time she got sick, Apollo also became very ill. We got him checked out at the vet, and they found that he had a mass on his spleen, which was then found to be cancerous. Both me and my wife were understandably shocked by this, and since then we have been trying to keep Apollo as comfortable as possible, feeding him liquid foods and giving him medication.
It has been really difficult adjusting to this news. When I first moved to the US, I never thought I would be able to look after any type of animal, let alone ferrets, but in the time I have known them I have gotten used to looking after Apollo and Luna, and I have grown to love them. To see Apollo looking weak and almost lifeless has been horrible, and even more so for my wife, who loves both ferrets as if they were our kids.
This situation was just one of a few reasons why this month, in all honesty, I haven't been myself. A lot of things had been brewing up for some time, and I was generally feeling overwhelmed. There was one day where I just felt like giving up on everything, I ended up doing something very stupid, and my thoughts travelled to a really dark place. It was a moment of madness, but my wife helped me pull out of the nosedive. I just need to get better at speaking up instead of bottling everything up.
There has been some light through the clouds however. Apollo has begun to recover somewhat, he is eating solid foods again and is a little more energetic. Despite what he is going through, he isn't giving up, and we are hoping that he will be with us for a lot longer than we originally thought.
I am also feeling better about things. I will never be perfect and will always have my moments of doubt, but I just need to handle those moments better. Me and my wife have also begun planning our next holiday - for a week in June, we are planning to fly back over to England to see my family. It has been too long since either of us saw them last, and seeing them again would mean the world to me, so needless to say, neither of us can't wait.
This month was also my birthday - I can't say I was able to enjoy it as much as I would have liked, because I was working for most of it, and I can't say that I was thrilled about the idea of turning 32. However my wife and her family threw a small party for me, and I really appreciated it.
As always, I will leave you with some artwork, and I'll keep it winter themed, what with all the snow we've had this month. Hoping that February will be a better month for us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment