28/02/2017

February 2017

Well, this February was definitely not uneventful, I can say that for sure.

You already know my thoughts on the political side of things, as I discussed in last month's blog, so we'll just move swiftly on.
I have a bit of news that I've been hoping to say for quite a while - I finally got a job. The school where my wife Nicole works, they needed someone to help set up the tables, chairs and food for their monthly staff and board meetings, and my name came up, so I agreed to do it. The twist is, it's only twice a month, but I am getting paid for it, and it's experience too. Like any job, I was a little overwhelmed on my first night, but hopefully over time I'll get used to it. Nicole is also helping me out with the job initially, I can't thank her enough.
Obviously, February saw another Valentine's Day come around - in the past, it hasn't really been that much of a special day for me, but of course this year, much like last year, was different, as I got to spend it with my lovely Nicole. Have a guess where we went for our romantic weekend - a certain seaside town in Rhode Island that I keep mentioning a lot - and needless to say we had a great time.
That's not all though - on February 20, we celebrated a very special milestone, the anniversary of our marriage, I can't believe that it's already been a year. It's been quite a transition, getting used to married life and all the responsibilites it brings, but it's also already provided lots of memories too. We marked the anniversary by revisiting some of the places that we visited on our wedding day, most notably Branford Point, where we got married in front of our family and friends. I certainly won't forget the sight of Nicole walking up the hill in her wedding dress.
Last but not least, on the artwork front, I've recently made some changes, that I mentioned about making in my last blog - my good DeviantArt friends Granitoons and TopperHay directed me to a website called Tapastic, which is a place for hosting webcomics, with the added incentive of possibly making money from ad revenue. I've taken the plunge, and from now on I will be hosting my comics there instead of DeviantArt. Don't worry though, as I said before, I'm not leaving DeviantArt, I will post links to the comics there, as well as my non-comic art as always.

That's not all - back in December, I started writing a script for the first in what will hopefully be a series of comics for my dragon characters Fyfe & Sparkplug. I finished writing the script this month, and I have started illustrating it. It will be quite an undertaking, but I really want to make it happen.

That's that for February - as always, I'll leave you with some artwork, a special sketch to mark me and Nicole's wedding anniversary. Peace out, and remember, show your significant other your love and respect every day, not just Valentine's Day.

P.S. Check out my Tapastic page here: https://tapastic.com/BluebottleFlyer
Check out Granitoons and TopperHay's Tapastic page: https://tapastic.com/HRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment