30/10/2016

October 2016

Autumn has been in full swing now, and apart from an unseasonable spell of warm weather midway through the month, the temperature has started to drop quite a bit - this is crazy New England weather though, I should be used to it now.
Had some news on the immigration front - hopefully I should hear something around November, and I should also get my green card by February. This does mean that it will have taken a whole year to get this sorted, but either way it's about time. This also hopefully means that me and Nicole will be able to start planning a trip back over to the UK to see my family.
In the meantime I've been busy with doing artwork including commissions, helping around the house, going out for bike rides, competing in the bowling league (we're still up top somehow), selling stuff on Ebay and taking part in our weeklt community activity. I don't think I've ever been so busy as I am now, and while it keeps me active and productive, even a bit social (can you believe that?).
I can't forget about spooky season of course - this month is my first Halloween in the US. On one trip to Newport this month me and Nicole took a ghost tour around the city, whuch was quite interesting to say the least, and just yesterday we went to our first ever murder mystery party (I played a man cursed with pine legs), and while interacting with the other party guests was a bit of a challenge, it was a lot of fun and our hosts really went to town on putting it all together, I would definitely go to another murder mystery in the future.
On the artwork front, I took part in an art challenge called "Monster A Day", which was exactly what it says on the tin - I drew a monster each day of October, and it was a great excuse to draw characters just a little outside of my comfort zone - like this fire golem for example.

Until next time - and until then, don't let the zombies bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment