31/05/2016

May 2016

Five months into 2016, and also five months living in the US, and the weather has certainly gotten a lot hotter in this past month, it's felt more like summer than spring most of the time. I've been making the most of the weather with getting out bike riding, mostly to and from East Rock - getting there is tiring, but seeing the view from the top on a sunny day is always worth it.
That's not to say I haven't been doing any of my responsibilties around the house, something I've had to adjust to since me and my lovely Nicole tied the knot - I might not yet have a job but I do try to keep active, whether it's helping around the house, doing something creative, or going out and about as I just mentioned. I'm not the type who just sleeps all day and does nothing, and I never want to be that way.
The wedding ceremony is creeping up, it's less than 2 weeks away as I type this - I'm ready for the stress of the planning and the anticipation of it to be over, but at the same time I also can't wait to see my family again when they fly over for it, as I've said many times now, and of course both me and Nicole are looking forward to the ceremony and reception, it will all be worth it when we can stand on that beach with our family and friends looking on as we pledge our vows to each other.
On a more louder note, me and Nicole had a "rock and roll weekend" from the 20th to the 22nd May, we went to not one but two music gigs, both at the Foxwoods Casino in Mashantucket - the first was an 80s rock covers band called Aquanett, they were really impressive; the second was 3 Doors Down, a rock band very famous in the US, they were solid and put on a really good show - both bands were a hit.
On the artwork front, I recently brought my "Snow Sam" comic series to an end - that isn't the only comic series I have decided to pull the plug on, sort of. After 10 years I have decided not to make any more short "A Monster Thing" comics, but don't panic, as I will be continuing the main story comics. My reasons? I just don't have any ideas for short comics anymore, plus as I've also already mentioned, I don't have as much time to work on artworks as I used to, and that time will get even less once I get more established in the US, so some things have to give I'm afraid - but the comics are on my DeviantArt page if you want to check them out, and if you already have, then I hope you enjoyed reading them.

I'll leave you with this fiery looking scene - all the best till next month, and I think I can hear wedding bells in the air...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment