What a difference a year makes...
Last June, I was feeling excited and happy for my 6 week trip to the US, getting to see Nicole again and seeing all the sights that we did.
This June, however, I've been feeling pretty much the opposite. I've been feeling just a bit overwhelmed and stressed, and it's all to do with the ongoing jobsearch. I mentioned in my last blog that I had two interviews lined up - the one for the security steward, I went to it, however I quickly realised that it wasn't the right job for me, with it being a zero hour contract, meaning no stable income, so I had to turn it down - plus, it's not a career I wish to pursue, as I've mentioned.
The interview for the assembly operative didn't happen, because it was being held through an agency to have a reputation for putting people through pointless training courses for money, and the job suddenly failing to materialise. However, it was also because something else came up - the work programme that I'm on arranged for me to attend a 2 week "pre-employment" course, to do with the company TK Maxx, who are opening a new store in my area and are looking for staff. I did the course, which involved going over customer service skills, interview techniques and even having to visit a TK Maxx store, plus a mock interview which went really well. I am supposed to get a real interview at some point in the next week or so, so I'll keep you posted on that. I am concerned about the job though, I'm worried that 16-24 hours' worth of wages isn't enough. I want a job, but I don't want to be working just to have every penny I earn be spent on bills. I actually want to have a life too, is it too much to ask?
On a brighter note, it's now my favourite time of year - summer of course, although I'm hoping the heat won't be as unbearable as it was this time last year. And as much as I love summer, I'm still looking forward to flying back over to the US in December to see Nicole again - at least, I hope I will be.
There's also been quite a bit of sport going on - I used to be into it as a kid, but nowadays I couldn't care less about the football. I'm talking about the World Cup - teams from every country kicking a ball around a field for 90 minutes just to win a glorified tin cup? We know it's all just about the bottom line really. I know the same thing could be said for the Wimbledon tennis, but I'd much rather watch that than the football, any day.
Anyway, as always I'll end this with a bit of artwork - inspired by a livestream request from Granitoons, here's Bob & Flyer looking a bit elementary.
No comments:
Post a Comment