30/11/2012

Getting chilly

Aye, it really is getting chilly - it's that time of year when Autumn starts to change in Winter, everything gets colder and the heating bills get higher - but it is what it is.
On the jobs front - same old, same old. Many applications, but not one interview. Just got to keep trying though, as always.
Also, this month there were a couple of days where I just had that feeling of "why do I bother" - and it's just stupid little things that set it off, like someone not responding to a picture I made for them on deviantART. Like anytime I feel upset, it starts as one little thing and other little things build up, before it ends up being everything. It soon passes though, as it has.
On a brighter note, remember how I've mentioned leaks for the past couple of months? One leak has finally been fixed - the leak from the bathroom. The council finally decided to come and reseal the bath, as well as ripping out the part of the cracked front room ceiling and replacing it with new cement. No leaks since, and all it needs now is a good painting over. The leak under the sink is still dripping away though.
I've made a start on my Christmas shopping too...however, as it always does, it's coming along at a snail's pace, because I'm in the mindset that I can leave it till "2 weeks till Christmas", which I should know by now is not the way to go about it.
And last but not least, me and Nicole have been together - well, as together as we can be with 5000 miles and the Atlantic separating us - for just over 2 months now. Hopefully the next 7 months will fly by as much as this one has - can't wait for next June.

As always, I'll leave you with a bit of artwork - made this one for an art jam by a good DA friend of mine, Rich (FAC-AgentC on deviantART, go check out his artwork), mixing two things I like, which are cartoons and music:
   "Goof's Art Jam 2012: Musical Bugs"

No comments:

Post a Comment